Mainter AB (hereinafter referred to as “Mainter”) cares about your personal integrity. This policy is based on applicable data protection legislation and explains in Section I which personal data is collected by Mainter in its capacity as a data controller as well as how the personal data is used. It also describes your rights and how you can exercise your rights with Mainter. Section II contains a description regarding other personal data processed by Mainter on behalf of the customer in its capacity as data processor.
References to “cloud service” in this policy pertain to Mainter’s quality management systems and all components included in it and which are provided in accordance with the customer agreement. Mainter’s cloud service is available via web browsers on stationary computers, laptop computers, mobile telephones and tablets and as App for iOS and Android.
Table of contents
Section I – data controller
- Personal data controller
- Personal data collected by Mainter and the purpose of processing
- How Mainter collects personal data
- Sharing personal data
- How you can manage the collection/use of personal data
- Where Mainter processes your personal data
- Storage time
- How Mainter processes your personal data in a secure way
- Your rights
- Filing complaints with the Swedish Data Protection Authority
- The service is not available to children
- Processing personal data in the capacity of data processor
Section I – data controller
Personal data controller
Mainter AB, Swedish company registration no. 559157-7530, with its address at Vasagatan 6, 903 29 Umeå, is the data controller for the personal data collected by the company on its own behalf. You are always free to contact Mainter if you have any questions related to integrity and data protection by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Personal data collected by Mainter and the purpose of processing
The table below shows the personal data collected from you by Mainter and the purpose of it. Mainter processes personal data primarily to comply with its obligations to provide the cloud service in accordance with the customer agreement and to provide support and improve the cloud service. The personal data may also be used to communicate changes in the cloud service and to change the information pertaining to the cloud service. Mainter may also use personal data as required by law.
|Purpose||Types of processing||Personal data||Legal basis|
|In order to fulfil obligations according to the customer agreement||Administration of the customer relationship and payments. Communications concerning support matters and responding to questions submitted to our support in order to provide assistance and support in accordance with the customer agreement.||
|Performance of the customer agreement.|
|In order to improve and develop our cloud service||Customer survey||Name
|Processing is necessary pursuant to the legitimateinterests of Mainter to develop and improve the cloud service|
|In order to prevent disruptions in the cloud service||Evaluate and prevent disruptions and problems in the cloud service.||User name IP address||Performance of customer agreement|
How Mainter collects personal data
Sharing personal data
Unless required by law, or is previously stated, Mainter does not disclose your personal data to any third party
Mainter reserves the right to share your personal data in the following cases:
- In conjunction with changes to our business structure, e.g. bankruptcies, mergers, acquisitions, liquidations, reorganisations or sales (in whole or in part), personal data may be shared with others.
- Where required by law, ordinance or decision of a governmental authority or in order to defend Mainter against legal claims.
- In order to protect Mainter’s rights, the company’s property and the company’s security or third-party rights, property or security. Personal data may also be shared to sustain agreements and policies, or for the purpose of evaluating or preventing fraud.
Mainter reserves the right to disclose or use collective or de-identified information, irrespective of the purpose therefor. E.g., Mainter may share de-identified information with the company’s partners – in business contexts or for the purposes of surveys. For example, this may involve explaining to a potential customer how many notices a company using Mainter sends per day, or that Mainter cooperates with research companies or researchers in order to examine interesting questions regarding communications at the workplace.
How you can manage the collection/use of personal data
You have the possibility to manage cookies and other types of local data storage through your web browser. You also have the possibility to change your settings on your mobile telephone regarding data collection and sharing, e.g. location services and other data. Mainter cannot control these choices or influence the basic settings since they are offered via mobile operators or web browsers.
Where Mainter processes your personal data
Mainter processes your personal data within the EU/EEA since Mainter’s servers are located within the Area. This means that your personal data will not be transferred to third countries.
Mainter only saves your personal data as long as necessary for the purpose of the respective personal data process or as long as necessary according to law.
How Mainter processes your personal data in a secure way
Mainter approaches security with the utmost seriousness. Mainter uses several methods to protect the information you provide to the company. Mainter strives to ensure that your information will not disappear, be unlawfully used, end up on the wrong hands and is not exposed. The methods used to secure your information take into account modern technology as well as how integrity-sensitive the information is which Mainter collects, manages and stores. If you wish to know more about Mainter’s policy regarding security and confidentiality for your personal data, we encourage you to read our Data and Security Policy.
You have the following rights in accordance with applicable data protection legislation:
- The right to access. You can request a copy of the personal data which Mainter has collected and stored about you in its capacity as personal data controller. You may request a copy at no charge.
- The right to rectification. You are entitled to have incorrect information rectified by Mainter or to supplement incomplete information.
- The right to erasure. You are entitled to have your personal data erased provided the information is no longer necessary for the purposes of processing, if you object to direct marketing, if the personal data has been processed in an unlawful matter, or where the personal data must be erased in order to fulfil a legal obligation covering Mainter.
- Right to restrict processing. You are entitled to request that Mainter’s processing of your personal data be limited.
- The right to object. You are entitled to object to the use of your personal data for the purposes of direct marketing or in those cases in which Mainter process your data based on a legitimate interest.
- Right to data portability. You are entitled to request that your personal data processed by Mainter about you as a consequence of fulfilling the customer agreement is transferred to another personal data controller.
Filing complaints with the Swedish Data Protection Authority
The Swedish Data Protection Authority (Sw: Datainspektionen) is responsible for monitoring the application of the data privacy legislation and, if you believe that Mainter is processing your personal data in an improper way, you have the possibility to file a complaint with the Swedish Data Protection Authority.
The service is not available to children
Mainter’s cloud service is not directed to children under the age of 13. Contact Mainter if you discover that a child under 13 has provided personal data without the approval of their guardian.
Section II –data processor
Processing personal data in the capacity of data processor
Mainter processes the following personal data on behalf of the customer in its capacity as data processor.
- Name, username, mobile telephone number and e-mail address of users in conjunction with the creation of a user account. Such users have obtained access to the cloud service through the customer.
- Personal data provided by Mainter’s customer or you as a user through use of the cloud service.
When Mainter processes personal data on behalf of our customers, we do so in accordance with the instructions received by Mainter from the customer and which are set forth in the data processing agreement entered into between Mainter and the customer.
For questions or in order to exercise your rights with respect to personal data processed by Mainter in its capacity as data processor, you should contact the legal person who entered into the customer agreement with Mainter, i.e. the legal person who gave you access to the services.
The customer has control of, and many choices associated with, this personal data. For example, the customer may grant someone access to, or remove someone’s access to, the cloud service by changing the user’s settings, managing rights, exporting data, creating new users on the account, sharing worksite public workorders. Since these choices and instructions may result in access to, or use of, the software or the disclosure, modification or removal of data, the customer may contact Mainter support for more information regarding choices and instructions in the service.
Mainter may make changes to this policy. In conjunction with changes, Mainter will provide information regarding the changes on this page. In the event you choose to continue to use the service after the changes have entered into force, you thereby approve the updated policy.